Mental Health Community Centers is hiring! Open positions at the Sarasota location include:
Mental Health Community Centers, Inc. is seeking a skilled, full-time, Administrative Assistant to serve both organizations’ administrative and program staff in a non-clinical mental health setting. This is a great position for those looking to further their experience in Mental Health Wellness.
- Manage telephone system, exhibit professionalism and kindness on phone calls, and offer information and referral to callers.
- Interact with members and families in a way that conveys support and demonstrates healthy behaviors.
- Willingness to obtain notary license within 90 days of employment.
- Identify member/family/case manager needs. Assist when necessary and communicate those needs to the program/operations director.
- Greet members and visitors and facilitate use of sign in sheets for Wellness Centers and groups.
- Perform proper record keeping including daily attendance, activity statistics, group and class statistics, time sheets for all 4 locations via EHR system and paper system.
- Assist with intake duties while promoting services to prospective members.
- Order office supplies as requested per each location.
- Assist in the development of monthly board, executive, and committee meeting materials, minutes as needed.
- Work with operations and program staff with requesting referrals and biopsychosocials from referring doctors for each location, for proof of members eligibility.
- Participation in agency trainings and staff meetings.
- Ensure front area is kept as clean as possible, including conference room, front desk area, bathrooms are stocked, trash is removed, etc.
- Ensure mail is checked each day and distributed to necessary mailbin. Record any checks received and backup documents to Accounting and Development.
- Assist with awareness opportunities including Mental Illness Awareness Week, Mental Health Month, Education Forums, fundraisers and special events as needed.
- Adhere to privacy policies and demonstrate strict confidentiality regarding member or staff information.
- Provide Co-Vid related temperature checks for everyone who enters the building, and ensures they are provided a mask.
- Work with volunteers and members at the front desk to provide consumer operated functions with our members; this includes implementation of member welcome wagon for volunteers for visitor start treatment.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- Time management skills and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with culturally diverse members, their families and caregivers as well as a wide range of community agencies and organizations.
- Compassion, patience, and kindness to everyone who walks through the door, and each time the phone rings.
- Computer literacy: ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and maintain EHR databases, and to organize shared admin files with Dropbox.
- Work with accounting for check deposits and any other expense related items.
- Ability to pass a DCF Level II Background Screening.
- Behavioral Health – 1-year experience required.
- Associates degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time, 35 hours
Pay: $12.50 – $15.00 per hour
Temperature checks are required for each person who walks through the door, and a mask is required in the building.
MHCC is a 2020 finalist for Workforce Innovation from the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce.